Written on February 8, 2010
When Adam and I announced that we were pregnant, his mom had given us about 20+ children’s books as a surprise. Over the last year she had been collecting some of Adam’s favorite books from when he was little and saving them just for this occasion. Adam is going to kill me for telling you this, but when he opened the gift from his mom, he about cried. -Anyhow it was one of the most thoughtful and creative gifts ever.
Since then, we’ve been given so many beautiful children’s books and I want to display them in a way where the covers would be appreciated (versus the spines). And since we’re doing up the baby room now, I thought this would be the perfect solution.
UPDATE: I hung a mini version of the open face book shelves shown above. You can see a sneak peak of the baby room right here.
• The 2 shelves are Ikea Ribba Picture Ledges for $14.99 each
• Crib is Ikea Sniglar Crib for $79.99
• Black + white fabric is from Ikea for $3.99/yard on clearance
• Horse is from Plan Toys and was given as a gift by Jen
• Books + basket of books were all gifts by friends and family